Community can be found in many ways whether in person or remotely. Most Christian communities gather in a church building or in someone’s home. Here at Gracebrakes, we wanted to utilize technology to unite a community. Skype is used daily by family, friends, clients and colleagues to create a personal or work community.
We wanted to use Skype to create a church community. Now, this church is a bit unconventional. We do not meet at the same time each week or require you to be a member. We are simply a group of people who want to share what God is doing with others. Sometimes these people live in a different city or work odd hours yet, they crave for more of God.
We invite you to be a part of this unique community. To join us on Skype, you will need the following:
- Download Skype
- Internet connection via Wi-Fi or ethernet connection*
- Laptop that is connected to an internet source
- Skype account with known username
- Microphone and/or webcam is optional but highly recommended if you want to be heard or seen during the live conversation
Once steps 1-5 are complete, we invite you to join our Gracebrakes Church service on Skype.
You can do this in three ways:
- Add your name and email in the left “Sign Up” column. We will send you an email with an invitation days and hours before a service.
- Click the Skype button below. Your Skype application will automatically open and a request will be sent to our account.
- Sign-in or log-in on our Gracebrakes Church site and add comments as a service is airing.
This Skype conversation will be live. You get to actively participate in the conversation or remain a simple listener unseen and unheard by muting your microphone and deactivating your webcam. You can become an active participant at your discretion.
We do have past Skype services available for viewing if you want to check things out before actually joining a conversation.
You can come to church as a group or as an individual. Grab a friend or friends or join us in your pajamas. Come one come all as you are!
Having trouble? Check out the links below for more assistance!
We look forward to seeing you at church!